• Welcome to Chester County Bass Masters.

News:

Welcome to the CCBM Forums!  Club meetings are the third Thursday in every month. See http://www.chestercountybassmasters.com/ for more info.

Main Menu

ANNOUNCEMENT - CCBM was hacked!

Started by dan61psu, April 22, 2008, 08:53:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dan61psu

All -

If you were not aware, our site was hacked at 3:47PM EST.

This has been fully resolved, to my knowledge.  If you see anything weird, or notice something missing, please PM or email me immediately.

No losses are known, and it seems no damage is done.   The hack was not serious, but I would advise any of you who have been on the site since this afternoon update your PC's virus software and perform a complete scan, just in case.

This hack came through our Photo Gallery system, although it is not known how or why.  There has been a patch for this released, and it HAS BEEN SECURED.

I performed a complete site restore from a backup performed last night by our webhost, and the only losses we have are any posts done since last night, I believe.

If you have any questions, please let me know.  Below is a snippet explaining some of what another webmaster had to say about this attack (from windyweather.net).

Dan

QuoteA search of the web indicates that these attacks have been going on since March 2008 and that they are some sort of phishing expedition, although no specific information was included in the posts found, about how someone might have used this code to do anything useful or criminal, outside of destroying a site when the subsystem is not tolerant of the changes.

It would be interesting to see the authorities track down the perpetrators and shutdown these domains. As of this moment, 19 April 2008, these domains are still active.