• Welcome to Chester County Bass Masters.

News:

Welcome to the CCBM Forums!  Club meetings are the third Thursday in every month. See http://www.chestercountybassmasters.com/ for more info.

Main Menu

dave, been bowling?

Started by fishaddict1426, December 02, 2008, 07:40:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

docirv

Looks to me like she needs some strategically placed support and I am willing to hold her up in that regard  :angel:
Doc Irv

fishaddict1426

f bowling. i had the worst night of the year. a eeeeeeeeeeeefffffffin 540. I suk. get'em next week i guess.

redbug

I'm with you on the chitty night..
I had my first night of the year under 600  I shot a 594  we won 6 out of 7 points and tied from the quarter I had a 180 in that game 220 avg  I did shot a 279 in the roll off but we still lost   
We have more wins than any other team but still haven't won a quarter 

Pillager

Everybody has bad games and bad nights.  That's what the "team" thing is all about.  When one person has a bad game, the others have to pick them up.  Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.

220 is a primo average in any house!  congrats!
18' 2003 Crestliner 1850 Fishhawk
150 hp Merc XR6

It pays to be an optimist.  Even if you are wrong, you are happy about it.

"Quit bitchin, keep fishin"

I fish, therefore I am.

fishaddict1426

I think the tourneys are killing me. A new house every week. maybe thats it. who knows. nice avg redbug.

Pillager

It should eventually make you a better bowler over all.  You can't throw the same shot in every house.  It makes you move and learn.  However, bowling in a regular league in two or three different houses can teach you more earlier in your learning curve instead of changing every week.  For instance, bowling in a house that has an outside shot,  another with a second arrow shot, and one with a deep inside shot will teach you the most.  The Wednesday league at Facenda will teach you second arrow moving to deep inside in the same night.  That league gives me fits.  You might have to move from 10-15 boards in one night.
150 hp Merc XR6

I fish, therefore I am.

fishaddict1426

Pillager

I did for a few years.  Haven't been there this winter, and last winter I only bowled there a couple of times.
150 hp Merc XR6

I fish, therefore I am.

Pillager

bad week all around.  I shot 591 Friday night and I was never comfortable.  Kept yanking the ball a board or two inside and the lanes were not forgiving.   :sad:
150 hp Merc XR6

I fish, therefore I am.

fishaddict1426

Was leading tourney whole time on sunday. 1 game to go, all i had to do was bowl my Avg. to make semi-finals and shot a 125. that sucked. the pattern was insane. US Open shot. the 2 games before that shot 212 and 222. The third game couldnt make a spare. 5 splits. it happens i guess

fishaddict1426

Dave, I think I am Throwing in the towel, tournament bowling. 2 weeks in a row blowing the third game to make cut. Cant compete with bowlers getting 60-70 pins. i have to shoot the lights out to beat them. Just gonna stick to league and have fun til spring.

redbug

60 or 70 pins????  that unreal.   
i think i smell a rat.. pretty when you sandbag your avg to steal others money in a tourney

fishaddict1426

Im with ya on that one redbug. Im done

Pillager

You want to bowl scratch tournaments, or at least tournaments that have separate scratch and handicap payouts.  You're right, the better you get, the more it seems you get beat by handicap.  It only takes one of those 170 average bowlers to throw a 700 and you don't have a chance, especially if they handicap to a score higher than 200.

Of course I was Pottstown Bowling Association's doubles champion one year before a bunch of you were born (late 70s).  Yep, we got some handicap, although not all that much.  We ended up 4th scratch as well.  Nice cashout that year.
150 hp Merc XR6

I fish, therefore I am.

Pillager

How you guys doing lately?  I had 703 and 650something last week.  High game 255, in the 650 series.
150 hp Merc XR6

I fish, therefore I am.