• Welcome to Chester County Bass Masters.

News:

Welcome to the CCBM Forums!  Club meetings are the third Thursday in every month. See http://www.chestercountybassmasters.com/ for more info.

Main Menu

$400...

Started by fishinjim, December 10, 2008, 05:02:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishinjim

...is what i need to save up to pay off the balance of my bass open entry fees.
looks like i'll have to hold off on ordering those new curados for a bit.

registered as a co-angler for both the flats tournament in april and the champlain tournament in august. 
would have signed up for the erie tournament too, but i'm already spending money i don't have. lol.

anybody else signin up?

Pillager

I'm afraid most of my year is already shot due to work.  The biggest problem is the schedules aren't all nailed down yet, but I'm working on a data conversion that will go down in late August, if it stays on track.  If it doesn't, it may drop back into October.  In any case, it's going to eat up many 2 week test cycles.

Eli knows exactly what this entails.
18' 2003 Crestliner 1850 Fishhawk
150 hp Merc XR6

It pays to be an optimist.  Even if you are wrong, you are happy about it.

"Quit bitchin, keep fishin"

I fish, therefore I am.

shillins24

Im getting Married in a few more weeks........ Need I say any more.....   :grin:

But in all seriousness, There is no shot of me winning or getting close. So I'll save my money for that new boat I plan on getting in 20 years... Also being a co-angler with someone you dont know can turn into a disaster

bassboogieman

QuoteAlso being a co-angler with someone you dont know can turn into a disaster

BINGO
+1
RIGHT ON THE FREAKIN' NAIL HEAD.
BAD DAY = WASTED TIME, MONEY, ETC.

Sorry Pillager, couldn't resist.
Triton TR-21DC & Yamaha 225
Dodge RAM Quadcab 5.7L HEMI
My claim to fame:  I threw a borrowed G. Loomis overboard

fishinjim

Quote from: bassboogieman on December 11, 2008, 02:37:22 PM
QuoteAlso being a co-angler with someone you dont know can turn into a disaster

BINGO
+1
RIGHT ON THE FREAKIN' NAIL HEAD.
BAD DAY = WASTED TIME, MONEY, ETC.

Sorry Pillager, couldn't resist.

BUT... you MAY also have a great day with a great boater who puts you on great spots and you catch a great big bag.
GOOD DAY = WELL INVESTED TIME, PAYOUT, ETC.

i'd bet a good percentage of the guys who will be fishing this are going to be taking the tournament pretty seriously.  i'd also bet that a good percentage of these guys are going to be pretty high caliber fisherman... investing a lot of money and time to further themselves up the bass ladder.  they might not talk to you, but i bet they've gotta couple tricks up their sleeves that might help you catch more fish down the line.

i'm not going to go into this with any high expectations about fame or money, but i bet i'll learn a thing or two. 

as for gettin a check, for the co anglers who are at the mercy of their boater, could be anyones game.  i'm pretty sure that riders are not allowed to share spots, so, as usual, luck of the draw will be key.

as for champlain... i've never fished there before.  we're going to try to plan our yearly adirondack vacation around the tournament.  should be a good opportunity for me to learn a little somethin about that big ole lake, while at the same time learn a little somethin about bass catching in general.

i guess while you worry warts are looking at the glass being half empty, i'm looking at it being half full... and of beer.

boogers, rest assured, i'm going to use all i learn from the chesapeake tournament to crush you come bbc rally time. lol.
:cheesy: :grin:

redbug

Quote from: fishinjim on December 11, 2008, 03:47:28 PM

BUT... you MAY also have a great day with a great boater who puts you on great spots and you catch a great big bag.
GOOD DAY = WELL INVESTED TIME, PAYOUT, ETC.

i'd bet a good percentage of the guys who will be fishing this are going to be taking the tournament pretty seriously.  i'd also bet that a good percentage of these guys are going to be pretty high caliber fisherman... investing a lot of money and time to further themselves up the bass ladder.  they might not talk to you, but i bet they've gotta couple tricks up their sleeves that might help you catch more fish down the line.

i'm not going to go into this with any high expectations about fame or money, but i bet I'll learn a thing or two. 

as for gettin a check, for the co anglers who are at the mercy of their boater, could be anyones game.  i'm pretty sure that riders are not allowed to share spots, so, as usual, luck of the draw will be key.

as for champlain... i've never fished there before.  we're going to try to plan our yearly adirondack vacation around the tournament.  should be a good opportunity for me to learn a little somethin about that big ole lake, while at the same time learn a little somethin about bass catching in general.

i guess while you worry warts are looking at the glass being half empty, i'm looking at it being half full... and of beer.

boogers, rest assured, i'm going to use all i learn from the chesapeake tournament to crush you come bbc rally time. lol.
:cheesy: :grin:

I won't go as far as booger and would give it a shot if I had the time off from work and the extra cash, but I think the quality of guys will not be what you expect. You will see a bunch of guys that  if  they practice it will be in one spot and if that doesn't pan out they are lost. you will also see a bunch of wanna be pros that think they crap roses and treat you like manure.
just wait until you spend your hard earned cash only to be paired with the guy that has the real old 17ft boat and the wind comes up on the flats...

you might get a lucky draw but the chances are pretty slim

fishinjim

Quote from: redbug on December 11, 2008, 04:27:13 PM

I won't go as far as booger and would give it a shot if I had the time off from work and the extra cash, but I think the quality of guys will not be what you expect. You will see a bunch of guys that  if  they practice it will be in one spot and if that doesn't pan out they are lost. you will also see a bunch of wanna be pros that think they crap roses and treat you like manure.
just wait until you spend your hard earned cash only to be paired with the guy that has the real old 17ft boat and the wind comes up on the flats...

you might get a lucky draw but the chances are pretty slim

my thinking was that the fella with the old 17fter wouldn't be forking out $1000 to fish this tournament.  and especially not $3,000 and expenses to fish all three.  figured that a lot the guys spending the money might be looking to actually qualify for the classic... pipe dreaming perhaps, but i bet it'll be on the minds of some of em.
i'd think this tournament would at least be on the level of a stren series tourney.  would also think that anyone consider fishing any of these waters (bay, champlain, erie) would know better than to come anything less than prepared for some rough runnings.  man, for their sake, and mine, i sure hope i'm not wrong about this. lol.

are you or any of the aba division 9 guys planning on fishing?
i'd imagine at least a few of the division 11 guys would be considering it.

btw... lmao at the crapping roses line. :grin:

bassboogieman

Or the 17 foot POS Nitro (no bearing on other Nitro owners, but that is factual) with NO GPS, NO CHART, and fishing the Potomac for the first time and GETS LOST.  I was forceably inducted as an honary member of the FUCKAREWE TRIBE.   Never again.  But not everyone has that mis-fortune,  and I will admit my first day boater was terriffic.  But one OH SHIT guy wipes out a weeks worth of good ones.
So Jimmy, when is Champlain?  I want to get up there, maybe a little pre-fishing.  Are you taking your boat to do your own pre-fishing?  Or are you planning on hooking up with other boaters? 

AND DON'T CALL ME BOOGERS! :evil:

Basscat7

Quote from: bassboogieman on December 11, 2008, 05:11:27 PM
Or the 17 foot POS Nitro (no bearing on other Nitro owners, but that is factual) with NO GPS, NO CHART, and fishing the Potomac for the first time and GETS LOST.  I was forceably inducted as an honary member of the FUCKAREWE TRIBE.   Never again.  But not everyone has that mis-fortune,  and I will admit my first day boater was terriffic.  But one OH SHIT guy wipes out a weeks worth of good ones.
So Jimmy, when is Champlain?  I want to get up there, maybe a little pre-fishing.  Are you taking your boat to do your own pre-fishing?  Or are you planning on hooking up with other boaters? 

Was this a Pa. Federation Tx on the Potomac ?
Golf is for guys whose wives won't let them buy a bass boat

Bass Fishing is like Church, many attend - Few get it.

fishinjim

Quote from: bassboogieman on December 11, 2008, 05:11:27 PM

champlain is august 20-23rd.
probably taking my boat, but can only prefish if with someone else registered for the tournament... at least on the official practice days which are the monday, tuesday and wednesday leading up to tournament weekend.
this might make it tough to incorporate "vacation fishing" into the trip.  not sure yet if i'll go up a few days before official practice starts, or if i'll stay a few days after the tournament.  this'll depend on the other folks coming along for the ride.  the last couple years in the adirondacks we had a group of about 10 folks.  gotta work eveybodys schedule out.

if you want to come up and fish with me, you might have to register for the tourney. lol.
:grin:

bassboogieman

QuoteWas this a Pa. Federation Tx on the Potomac ?

Yes, the six-man team District Tx, I think that's what it was called.  It totally cured me from ever fishing a tournament as a non-boater being paired with an unknown boater.  I'd do it if it was a buddy Tx. and the pairing was mutually arranged.  But NEVER, would I do something like that again.   

redbug

Jim, i have seen some of the boats that fish the stren pretty scary. when you see what shows up to these open events you will see why the pro trails installed the wrapped boat rule. these guys (not all)  don't care about anything or anyone I went a a non boater twice and both times i drew a guy with a 17ft aluminum trackers with a 50hp motor. I'm pushing 300lbs so it wasn't fun. I also drew another guy that took a 2 and a half hour boat ride through 2 locks to fish a 75' long row of stumps because he heard they were biting there yesterday.
I think that one of the guys that fished with us is planning on fishing as a pro  but not aware of anyone going as a non boater

sorry bassboogieman I guess I'm going to nastytown!!!
I also got those reels and boy are they nice

bassboogieman

Well bud, I figured you'd be happy.  Have you mated one to the rod?  I think you'll agree it's a sweet pair.  Be sure to let me know what you think after you've fished the combo. :wink:

bfitch

so, how much is it to fish the one down on the flats as a non boater? might think about just for the experiance (good or bad)
They call me....noodle

Basscat7

Quote from: bfitch on December 11, 2008, 08:58:00 PM
so, how much is it to fish the one down on the flats as a non boater? might think about just for the experiance (good or bad)

$ 300.00 per TX as a rider........and for the most part , the level of boater will be well ahead of the Federation tournaments.  At $ 1000.00 a pop to fish as a boater, it leaves out a lot of " wanna Bees ".
Golf is for guys whose wives won't let them buy a bass boat

Bass Fishing is like Church, many attend - Few get it.