• Welcome to Chester County Bass Masters.

News:

Welcome to the CCBM Forums!  Club meetings are the third Thursday in every month. See http://www.chestercountybassmasters.com/ for more info.

Main Menu

Floating Docks - MCL NEW

Started by Bass2Lip, February 07, 2009, 12:45:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bass2Lip

Attention Fishermen/Women + other users of MCL!

A collaborative effort is underway to raise funds to add 20 feet of floating docks onto the existing concrete pads on the Lyndell side of Marsh Creek Lake. To date, we have commitments of charitable contributions from the Brandywine Bassmaster's, MC Sail Boat Club and the Marsh Creek Bass Club. These 3 Organizations are partnering with the DCNR and State Parks to accomplish our goal. If we are successful in obtaining enough funds this year, our eventual goal is to add to one side this year and hopefully the other side in 2010. This will be a great accomplishment and for those of you who have ever had to pull your boat up on the bank, while getting your tow vehicle, you will appreciate the benefits and value of this effort. If you are a fisherman, kayaker, or just a general boater and are interested in contributing to this effort, an address at the end of this post is where you can send your donations.

Thanks for your consideration!

The Steering Committee for the MCL dock improvement project!

Send your charitable donations to:

French Creek State Park

843 Park Rd.

Elverson, PA. 19520

Attn: Eric Brown - Park Manager

Make checks payable to Pa. Parks & Forest Foundation or PPFF.

Pillager

Look, I'm not calling anyone out here but, can anyone tell me why this looks a little fishy?   :undecided:

The project is not a scam, but it sure reads funny.   :smiley:
18' 2003 Crestliner 1850 Fishhawk
150 hp Merc XR6

It pays to be an optimist.  Even if you are wrong, you are happy about it.

"Quit bitchin, keep fishin"

I fish, therefore I am.

Eli

I do believe it is an above board project.  How much is the cost of the project?

fishinjim

Quote from: Pillager on February 08, 2009, 08:37:40 PM
can anyone tell me why this looks a little fishy? 

trick question?
because it has to do with fishing?
:cheesy:

should we add this to the next meeting agenda?

map284

Bass2Lip

Guys,

I don't know why you would ever think that this reads funny or fishy here. For the last 2 months, very reputable people representing the 3 organizations mentioned along with DCNR and Park officials have been meeting to try to improve the docking situation on the Lyndell side of MCL. The other 2 bass clubs mentioned, use this lake for a few tournaments each year, but not nearly the same as the Tuesday night TX's from CCBM's. This is a legitimate effort to add floating docks to the existing concrete pads on the launching ramp. We are counting on other financial backing from other users of the lake to share in the costs. Does the Park Mgr.s name seem fictitious to anyone? Appx. it will cost about $850 per 10 foot section.
If there any questions regarding this effort, please feel free to contact the President's of either the Marsh Creek Bass Club, the Brandywine B/M's or the MC Sail Boat Club.

Pillager

We're pulling your brand spankin new braided line here and  you're falling overboard...

"If you want a dock at Marsh Creek, send your money to French Creek"   :grin:
18' 2003 Crestliner 1850 Fishhawk
150 hp Merc XR6

It pays to be an optimist.  Even if you are wrong, you are happy about it.

"Quit bitchin, keep fishin"

I fish, therefore I am.