• Welcome to Chester County Bass Masters.

News:

Welcome to the CCBM Forums!  Club meetings are the third Thursday in every month. See http://www.chestercountybassmasters.com/ for more info.

Main Menu

NEW Pflueger's

Started by bassboogieman, March 06, 2009, 09:03:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bassboogieman

Well I got them.  The Patriarch and the new "small frame" President are really nice.  With the elimination of the Supreme and the redesign of the President all the Pflueger baitcast reels are of the same size.  The Patriarch is really a sweet reel with the titanium coating, dual reel braking system.  The spool tightening knob on the right side is "click" adjustable, takes the guesswork out of setting that.  Fit and finish on the new reels is exceptional, the drags also feel really good. 
These reels are very similiar to the REVO reels, looking almost like clones of each other.  I mounted them on my rods and with their slightly reduced weight, they are better balanced combinations now.  I will be fishing tomorrow, so I will give them a test.  I really like the old reels, but this is definitely an improvement.
If you get a chance, give them a look.
Triton TR-21DC & Yamaha 225
Dodge RAM Quadcab 5.7L HEMI
My claim to fame:  I threw a borrowed G. Loomis overboard

fishinjim

Quote from: bassboogieman on March 06, 2009, 09:03:19 AM
I will be fishing tomorrow, so I will give them a test. 

good luck with your new reelies.
taking the boat out walking the banks?
is it striper time yet?

bassboogieman

Thanks.

Bank fishing, private pond stocked with B A S S.

Stirpers, about 3 weeks if we get normal weather.  Water temps need to get into the 50's

Wishing2BFishing

Bruce, you really like those Pfluegers don't ya'?

How bout' we go fishing for convict fish (Stripers) together?

bassboogieman

Possible.  Are you available through the week?  I don't have many wekends off April/May.   But I'll keep you posted.

Wishing2BFishing

Keep me in the loop.  If you have an opening, I will see what I can do with work.