• Welcome to Chester County Bass Masters.

News:

Welcome to the CCBM Forums!  Club meetings are the third Thursday in every month. See http://www.chestercountybassmasters.com/ for more info.

Main Menu

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Started by bassboogieman, May 18, 2009, 07:27:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bfitch

Quote from: CHIGGER on May 19, 2009, 08:46:46 PM
Ford......................................I dont have to say another word. The best. oh no what I start :shocked:

dont worry, i can tow ya home when ya break down
They call me....noodle

bassboogieman

Quotemy dad's dakota has given him a lot of problems

I've owned Chrysler products (about 15 vehicles) since 1984, I won't say I've had zero problems over 25 years, I don't think anyone could.  I've also had 2 Dakota's - the '97 did have a problem with the front ball joints, which was covered under warranty.  Other than that nothing major, just normal wear & tear and a couple did see nearly 100,000 miles.  Earl's 95 Dakota was just retired to to a corroded gas tank that can only be replaced from a junk yard.  My big truck has been an absolutely a terrific truck - personally I would not even look at  another brand unless, of course, BASSCAT starts making trucks.  :rolleyes:
Triton TR-21DC & Yamaha 225
Dodge RAM Quadcab 5.7L HEMI
My claim to fame:  I threw a borrowed G. Loomis overboard

fishaddict1426

Ford......is for work......Tough
Chevy.......they just suk........Great motors though
Dodge......Looks great with a bass boat on the back.........and are nice looking...

The reason I formed this opinion is because I had all these brands. My dodge smelled of anti freeze since I got it........Chevy just fell apart but still ran........... Ford is tough and is still tight after 1300000 miles. Just my opinion.

bassboogieman

WOW Chig, I didn't think you KEPT ANYTHING long enough to put 130,000 miles on it........ :evil:

fishaddict1426

I have 8 trucks Boogs. Fords seem to always last the longest. I am down to one chevy and the rest fords. Cant wait tll the chevy is retired. Actually cant wait till I retire.

Pillager

Read that post again.  it says 1.3 MILLION miles...   I'm going to assume that's a typo though.

My Dakota, that I bought used at 90K, has over 108K on it and is still solid.  The transmission doesn't want to shift for a few seconds if it's cold out but then it kicks in and it's fine.  Knock on wood, but the only real problem I had with it is the condenser in the air went.  I think my PT Cruiser just went too.  Seems they last on average about 8 years in Chryslers and then you have to replace them.
18' 2003 Crestliner 1850 Fishhawk
150 hp Merc XR6

It pays to be an optimist.  Even if you are wrong, you are happy about it.

"Quit bitchin, keep fishin"

I fish, therefore I am.

bassboogieman

Have you changed your tranny oil and filters?  And if you haven't changed your brake fluid yet - that's over due.  Cooling system flush and drain, also.   I would hazzard a guess you're NOT like most guys and ignore fluid changes - but a lot do and that's when the trouble starts.

Eli

I had my Toyota 4Runner for 14 years and 189,000 miles.  Still ran the same as when new and never had to fix anything. Only maintenance.  Body was rusting away when I retired it.

I have my Mitsubishi for 8 years now and 130,000 miles.  Still runs like the day I bought it.  Never had to fix a thing.  Only maintenance.

Not used for work but I have used them both for off road adventures...