• Welcome to Chester County Bass Masters.

News:

Welcome to the CCBM Forums!  Club meetings are the third Thursday in every month. See http://www.chestercountybassmasters.com/ for more info.

Main Menu

10+ pound bass

Started by Wishing2BFishing, September 07, 2009, 10:15:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wishing2BFishing

Actually I was told that the measurements of this beast equal 10.95 pounds . . .

Wishing2BFishing

It measured 27 1/2 inches long and its girth was 17 1/2".

Wishing2BFishing

It was not caught on a crankbait.

Wishing2BFishing

I also caught two 9 pounders.  The guide told me that the spot he is currently fishing is the best area he has fished in his 30 years as a guide.  He mentioned that the 10+ pound fish are not everyday fish and that I had a really good day.

fishinjim

dag, thats a whopper!  congradulations!
when, where, how, who, etc. etc.
spill the beans.

Wishing2BFishing

I hooked up with a guide that was mentioned in an In Fisherman article.  I picked him because he was honest.  When I called him, I told him that I wanted to do a full day trip.  He said that he would be glad to take me for the day but that it would be a waste of time since the fish will turn off around 11:00.   It was refreshing that he was willing to lose the price of the full day trip.    He also told me that August is not the best time of year but that he would get me on some fish. 

After "locking in" the fishing date, I arranged for him to pick me up at Disney since I didn't have a rental car.  It was the end of my vacation, I was tired, and low on cash (everything costs a lot in those Disney parks), but I figured it would be good to get away from the kids and take a break from my wife's insane vacation schedule. 

I am glad I didn't cancel.  When the guide arrived, he mentioned that he found the best honey hole ever and that if things haven't changed since yesterday,  I should catch a nice fish as long as I follow his instructions.  So, I reluctantly, used live bait (a 10 inch shiner) and went to work.  After catching a few small fish, I set the hook on my first of three big ones.  I really thought it was a snag until it blew up out of the water.  What an experience!

And all the fish were released unharmed.

Pillager

Nice Ryan!   You would have looked mighty good in your CCBM shirt...
18' 2003 Crestliner 1850 Fishhawk
150 hp Merc XR6

It pays to be an optimist.  Even if you are wrong, you are happy about it.

"Quit bitchin, keep fishin"

I fish, therefore I am.

bassboogieman

With a pose like that you musta been fishin' with ROLAND.  :rolleyes:  Three like that would make a trip to Fl. worthwhile in itself.   You getting a mount?  Best way to catch those Fl. pigs is with live bait.  I'd much rather do it with artificials, but for a fish like that I'd do live bait for one then go to lures.  NICE FISH Ryan.  I noticed the shirt tail is out - covering up the WET SPOT?  :grin:
Triton TR-21DC & Yamaha 225
Dodge RAM Quadcab 5.7L HEMI
My claim to fame:  I threw a borrowed G. Loomis overboard

Wishing2BFishing

Bruce,

Yeah, the shirt was covering "the wet spot".  I am back work and still thinking about that fish.  Oops, I think I had another wet spot.    :shocked:

Wishing2BFishing

Found myself staring at this picture again and daydreaming . . . how many days until next vacation?

Pillager

Quote from: Wishing2BFishing on September 09, 2009, 01:25:16 PM
Found myself staring at this picture again and daydreaming . . . how many days until next vacation?

... in Florida, at Disney World, with the kids driving you nuts...    :evil:

hey, just trying to keep perspective on the whole thing
150 hp Merc XR6

I fish, therefore I am.

Wishing2BFishing

I could be in the fiery pitt of beelzebub . . . if I am catching big fish that is all that seems to matter.

bfitch

i vote we move the gunpowder tournament to where ever this was  :grin:
They call me....noodle

docirv

Quote from: bfitch on September 09, 2009, 05:17:42 PM

Why bother, Noodle, you'll just sleep though another one! :30:
Doc Irv

Pillager

Quote from: bfitch on September 09, 2009, 05:17:42 PM

yeah, but then we have to modify the rules to allow live bait!
150 hp Merc XR6

I fish, therefore I am.