• Welcome to Chester County Bass Masters.

News:

Welcome to the CCBM Forums!  Club meetings are the third Thursday in every month. See http://www.chestercountybassmasters.com/ for more info.

Main Menu

Time to separate the men from the boys...........

Started by Rippin_Lips, January 09, 2010, 06:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rippin_Lips

Dallas all over eagles tonight. Its such a shame that they wont get rid of those sorry two that have bogus stats that make them look like super heros but, choke every big game that they have. See a good quarterback and coach can make the playoffs but, great QB's and coaches win the playoffs. Last week should have said it all. There is a slight thought in my head though that they may be able to win this game because the odds of life are with them. its the most common thought about this game is that a team is tough to beat 3 times so, that may be the only edge the eagles got. Just my thoughts. GO BOYS!!!!!!!

Sorry Fitch, I feel bad for you because you are so loyal. I can respect that. I was the same 10 Years ago and was just let down to many times. I picked a team that actually isnt afraid to spend a buck. They may not win all the time but, they show that they will do anything to try to win for there fans.

dan61psu

Quote from: Rippin_Lips on January 09, 2010, 06:59:23 PM
Dallas all over eagles tonight. Its such a shame that they wont get rid of those sorry two that have bogus stats that make them look like super heros but, choke every big game that they have. See a good quarterback and coach can make the playoffs but, great QB's and coaches win the playoffs. Last week should have said it all. There is a slight thought in my head though that they may be able to win this game because the odds of life are with them. its the most common thought about this game is that a team is tough to beat 3 times so, that may be the only edge the eagles got. Just my thoughts. GO BOYS!!!!!!!

Sorry Fitch, I feel bad for you because you are so loyal. I can respect that. I was the same 10 Years ago and was just let down to many times. I picked a team that actually isnt afraid to spend a buck. They may not win all the time but, they show that they will do anything to try to win for there fans.

So you are saying you jumped the Dallas bandwagon 10 years ago?  Pity.  I would rather endure a thousand deaths than be a bandwagon jumper.  GO BIRDS!

Wishing2BFishing

Quote from: Rippin_Lips on January 09, 2010, 06:59:23 PM
Dallas all over eagles tonight. Its such a shame that they wont get rid of those sorry two that have bogus stats that make them look like super heros but, choke every big game that they have. See a good quarterback and coach can make the playoffs but, great QB's and coaches win the playoffs. Last week should have said it all. There is a slight thought in my head though that they may be able to win this game because the odds of life are with them. its the most common thought about this game is that a team is tough to beat 3 times so, that may be the only edge the eagles got. Just my thoughts. GO BOYS!!!!!!!"

First you say Dallas will win and then you say that the Eagles "may be able to win".
So you are picking both teams to win.

bfitch

They call me....noodle

dan61psu

Looks like now we need a defense to get back to respectable playoff football.  I put that game on the defense more than the offense, although both were bad.  I think the Cowboys have a shot at the NFC Championship if they dont pull a Romo.

Rippin_Lips

Ryan: i was saying they may win cause the odds of beating a team 3 times are kinda slim. Thats all. I know they are not the better team. I thought andy could have figured it out after 2 azz whoopins.

Dan: I loved the eagles, I didnt care for the organization. They are truly about the doallar and not winning. Fill the stands, mission accomplished. I believe Jerry Jones wants to please the fans. That is my opinion, Everybody has a different one. Mine is best though of course :grin:

redbug

band wagon jumpers are the worst..   you bail on your local team and jump in with the team that is doing well now.. 
of course you were a fan for the last 10 years to make it sound good.. 
how do you sleep at night?

They kicked our butts but i will never be a band wagon jumper  go birds..

bassboogieman

Get your jumpsuit on, it's time to get ready to go to work.

Eagle's defense was decimated by injuries.  The offense - as long as McNubbs is taking snaps. will not win any big ones as he chokes under the pressure.  The Eagles racked up a lot of points this season, and when it came time for going "all in" they sure wern't holding the cards, other than the Joker at quarterback. 

Triton TR-21DC & Yamaha 225
Dodge RAM Quadcab 5.7L HEMI
My claim to fame:  I threw a borrowed G. Loomis overboard

Rippin_Lips

REDBUG, you always have a way of strongly stressing your opinion. I said I used to love the eagles, and I did switch 10 years ago BECAUSE, now listen. I did not like the way the organization was ran. The management is all about money and not for the feelings of the die hard fans like myself 10 years ago. The players i liked. They were always short of the extra stud they needed. AND WHY? Let me answer that for you mr. die hard.  " as long as we filled the stands, they didnt have to better the team" Imagine if the person who sold you your bass boat said it did 75 MPH and when you drove it away it 50 MPH. How would you feel about that guy. Exactley, thats how I feel about Mr. Lori, Mcnothing and Fat Andy. Like I said in the previous post. Thats my opinion, I didnt mean to hurt the die hards.

Also i have been on this board for the last 5 years and always said i didnt care for the eagles. Just so everyone knows I jumped the bandwagon long ago. Anyway football will still be interesting for me this year. Its nice to watch a team who cares how they appear to the rest of the world.

Bruce, thank god someone has an open mind about this whole subject. Why cant people admit something when its right in there face.

Basscat7

Quote from: Rippin_Lips on January 10, 2010, 01:13:38 PM
Exactley, thats how I feel about Mr. Lori, Mcnothing and Fat Andy. Like I said in the previous post. Thats my opinion, I didnt mean to hurt the die hards.

Yo

Leave Donny alone.....at least He looked good playing the Air Guitar....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQglitXn8nY
Golf is for guys whose wives won't let them buy a bass boat

Bass Fishing is like Church, many attend - Few get it.

Basscat7

Quote from: Rippin_Lips on January 10, 2010, 01:44:46 PM
What a joke he is
I wouldn't say He is a joke, as He has been a really good NFL QB over the 11 years He has been here.
He'll be a borderline Hall of Fame QB by the time He retires.  Problem is, We as fans have not had that elusive NFL title since 1960, and most of you were not even around then.

Not being able to win the " big  game " is going to be McNabb's legacy in Philly, like it or not.

Being labeled a choke artist in those games is going to be his legacy here, maybe years from now, fans will forget some of the NFC Title game miscues and look at him in a different light, but for the foreseeable future, what they see is a team that was in the playoffs almost every season, was in 5 NFCC games , and only got to 1 Super Bowl, and lost there.

TD to Int rate for McNabb kind of backs up the " can't play in the big one ".

Thru 2009 season McNabb's regular season TD to INT was 216 to 100 over a 2 to 1 ratio.........but in 13 playoff starts He drops down to an 19 to 13 Td to INT rate.

In " close" career games, those decided by 7 points or less, in 61 games, his TD to INT rate is only 77 TD's to 52 INTs'

Night be time to end the run of the Reid/McNabb show as we have seen the reruns again.  Explore the trade market for Him, if they can manipulate a top 15 draft pick from a desperate team, move him, start Kolb, use the draft to rebuild the Lines and D.

Golf is for guys whose wives won't let them buy a bass boat

Bass Fishing is like Church, many attend - Few get it.

bassboogieman

QuoteBruce, thank god someone has an open mind about this whole subject

DANG!  That's the first time anyone has ever accused me of having an OPEN MIND about anything. :grin:

As much as I hate to say anything about Vick, now that he is in the Eagles camp I might like to see the Eagles keep him and develop an offense around him.  Possibly, if they can't deal McNabb, keep him as the backup.  He could at least keep the Gatorade cold.  With the Eagles HEALTHY, Vick would provide some of the options that McNabb offered early in his career and maybe interject some excitement into Eagles football.  The Eagles offense, with McNabb at QB, is destined to sail or fail on McNabbs passing - and at this point that isn't good enough or, more importantly, consistant enough to get them into the big show.  On defense the secondary may need some help.  Dumping Dawkins this year - well I don't think that was the best move, I really think his prescence was misssed.  As for the coach, I don't understand him sticking with McNabb - I was excited when he put Vick in for the 3rd series of downs, and when he threw the TD, thought the lightbulb went on in Reid's head.  Next series McNubbs was back - what was Andy thinking?  Brief flash of brilliance, followed by extended periods of twilight.  Yeah, he tried it again later in the game and Vick fumbled.  I really think playing a series and then sitting doesn't give Vick an opportuity to get any rythym going, and bendhing McNubbs for a series only adds further to his funk.  Maybe if he'd just stop grinning.  Just my opinion.
Triton TR-21DC & Yamaha 225
Dodge RAM Quadcab 5.7L HEMI
My claim to fame:  I threw a borrowed G. Loomis overboard

redbug

Quote from: redbug on January 10, 2010, 12:12:38 PM

how do you sleep at night?

They kicked our butts but i will never be a band wagon jumper  go birds..
May have been a little harsh.. the cowboys were the better team last night.  they dominated the eagles. McNabb when he is on is very hard to beat but in the big games that never seems to happen.  I think this was his last game as an eagle.   Maybe Klob can do better in a big game..  time will tell.

Either way i will remain a fan the the good times and bad.

Pillager

Keep Vick and build an offense around him?  Now I know you've gone off the deep end.

Get something for McNabb.   Waive Westbrook.  Get all that contract money and a pick and get help.

Let Kolb play next year.  The worst thing that happens is you find out you need a different QB and he won't be your guy for the future.   You have to find out some time.  You've hit the ceiling with McNabb so you might as well figure out what you have with Kolb.

Use the money to get defensive secondary help and more offensive line help.  That's where they are lacking.  The offensive weapons are very good.  The defensive line is pretty good and the linebackers will be fine if they all come back ok from injury.  Not sure you can know that or not.

Oh, and you're going to have to pay Jackson big bucks to get him back on the field.  Did you guys see who he picked up as his agent a month or so back?
18' 2003 Crestliner 1850 Fishhawk
150 hp Merc XR6

It pays to be an optimist.  Even if you are wrong, you are happy about it.

"Quit bitchin, keep fishin"

I fish, therefore I am.