• Welcome to Chester County Bass Masters.

News:

Welcome to the CCBM Forums!  Club meetings are the third Thursday in every month. See http://www.chestercountybassmasters.com/ for more info.

Main Menu

Time to separate the men from the boys...........

Started by Rippin_Lips, January 09, 2010, 06:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redbug

We will see this year if they want to win or not.  remember this is an uncapped year so the can spend as much as they want.. 
I agree they don't like to spend the money but without a cap they can lock up Jackson without worrying about the cap.
I doubt he will be in camp without his contract being reworked

bfitch

So you think mcnabb is inconsistant and you want vick in? Ask a falcons fan about vicks passing. No way we keep him next year as a back up either. He's owed 5 mil next year. Way too much for a backup.

And Justin, I thought you were a bills fan now? :D 
They call me....noodle

Rippin_Lips

I think mcnutts stays long as the fans support him. Stan 2009 stats i belive came from playing really weak losing teams. As a matter a fact i would like to look back at his career and actually see if most his big wins came off teams with losing records. I dont think i have ever witnessed mcnutts ever winning a game they had to win. Im pretty sure most of those games came from an amazing defense causing turnovers. I rarely ever seen mcnutts lead the team down to score when they needed it most. Maybe a couple times. I dont know, I just think the guy was marketed right and him and fat ass were good salesmen. Somehow I think Andy, mcnutts and lori stick together and get each others back. They just generate money for each other and dont let anyone that has star quality fit in for the fear of there thunder will be taken away and cause them to be unmarketable. They could really care less if they win it all or not. If they do it just prolongs there cause. Long as the fans support them they will run with it. Its all about the cash.

Rippin_Lips

Im a TO Fan really. Id rather be an eagles fan.

Basscat7

Quote from: bfitch on January 10, 2010, 05:28:54 PM
So you think mcnabb is inconsistant and you want vick in? Ask a falcons fan about vicks passing. No way we keep him next year as a back up either. He's owed 5 mil next year. Way too much for a backup.

And Justin, I thought you were a bills fan now? :D 

LOL @ Vick at QB...

McNabb is not accurate, but Vick is even worse.  They would run him out of town after the first half of the season.

Comparison.

McNabb career QB rating = 86.5 ( last 3 years 89.7 )
Vicks Career QB rating = 75.9 ( last 3 as starter 75.6 )

McNabb accuracy = 59 %
Vick accuracy =  53 %

Golf is for guys whose wives won't let them buy a bass boat

Bass Fishing is like Church, many attend - Few get it.

bfitch

Quote from: Rippin_Lips on January 10, 2010, 05:33:18 PM
I think mcnutts stays long as the fans support him. Stan 2009 stats i belive came from playing really weak losing teams. As a matter a fact i would like to look back at his career and actually see if most his big wins came off teams with losing records. I dont think i have ever witnessed mcnutts ever winning a game they had to win. Im pretty sure most of those games came from an amazing defense causing turnovers. I rarely ever seen mcnutts lead the team down to score when they needed it most. Maybe a couple times. I dont know, I just think the guy was marketed right and him and fat ass were good salesmen. Somehow I think Andy, mcnutts and lori stick together and get each others back. They just generate money for each other and dont let anyone that has star quality fit in for the fear of there thunder will be taken away and cause them to be unmarketable. They could really care less if they win it all or not. If they do it just prolongs there cause. Long as the fans support them they will run with it. Its all about the cash.

see, the "all about the money" thinking doesnt make sense to me. all the extra cash flow that comes from a championship. the team gets bonuses, the players get bonuses, merch sales go through the roof. you get much more exposure, pick up more fans across the country. i mean, look at the phils. 5 years ago they had an 80-90mil budget, now after winning a WS, they have a 140mil budget.
They call me....noodle

Basscat7

Quote from: Rippin_Lips on January 10, 2010, 05:33:18 PM
I think mcnutts stays long as the fans support him. Stan 2009 stats i belive came from playing really weak losing teams. As a matter a fact i would like to look back at his career and actually see if most his big wins came off teams with losing records.

Thru 2009 season McNabb's regular season TD to INT was 216 to 100 over a 2 to 1 ratio.........but in 13 playoff starts He drops down to an 19 to 13 Td to INT rate.

In " close" career games, those decided by 7 points or less, in 61 career games, his TD to INT rate is only 77 TD's to 52 INTs'

These are CAREER stats...what is says is that in close games (  games behind by 7 points or less ) that Mcnabb's interception ratio almost doubles.

As far as career wins over losing teams.....way too much info to post, but He has very good numbers in the REGULAR season against winning teams...............it is the playoffs that He has faltered in.
Versus the NFC his career QB rating in 108 games is 89.8
Versus the AFC his career QB rating in 38 games is  78.6
Versus the NFC East in 61 ccareer games his QB rating is 85.5
Versus the NFC North in 13 career games it is 100.8

Regular season is not the problem.

bassboogieman

Really Stan, with all your stats and sports accumen, ESPN should have snapped you up long ago.  :grin:  
With the three choices Phila has for QB next yea (at present), I'd like to see Vick over either of the other two.  Next year with McNubbs at QB (and if Reid is still coach, he will be) will be just another year of disappointment.  I'm not a huge fan, but I'd rather next year be a year of anticipation with Vick (over Kolb) than a disappointing repeat of the last few years.  If McNabb is back at the helm next year I'm gonna start watching the Ravens, that will still keep me a "bird" fan.

Triton TR-21DC & Yamaha 225
Dodge RAM Quadcab 5.7L HEMI
My claim to fame:  I threw a borrowed G. Loomis overboard

Basscat7

Quote from: bassboogieman on January 10, 2010, 06:27:25 PM
Really Stan, with all your stats and sports accumen, ESPN should have snapped you up long ago.  :grin:  
With the three choices Phila has for QB next yea (at present), I'd like to see Vick over either of the other two.  Next year with McNubbs at QB (and if Reid is still coach, he will be) will be just another year of disappointment.  I'm not a huge fan, but I'd rather next year be a year of anticipation with Vick (over Kolb) than a disappointing repeat of the last few years.  If McNabb is back at the helm next year I'm gonna start watching the Ravens, that will still keep me a "bird" fan.

ESPN.....used to be a good show......years ago...

Eh, Vick has proven that he is no better than McNabb as far as accuracy in his career.
He is a runner....not  what this offense needs with the young , good receiving corps it has developed.
Rather see them give Kolb a shot, He has sat and learned for 3 years now, has a good arm, was very accurate in College, and did Ok in the 2 games He started when McNabb was hurt.

They need to find out what He has, as after next season he becomes a free agent.  They moved up in the draft to take this guy, have spent a lot of time teaching him, if He is not ready now they need to know.
They are not going to go any farther with McNabb at the helm.  His trade value will not go any higher, still a couple teams out there who might be desperate enough to give the Iggles  a 1st round pick ( Oakland, SanFran, St. Louis, maybe Minnesota if Favre "retires " )
Trade McNabb, start Kolb, use the pick to get an impact player for the D.

Vick on the other hand will also probably be traded, His contract is a 2 year deal, with the Eagles holding the option for 2010 @ 5.2 million for that year.  Don't see the Eagles paying Vick that much over Kolb who will make $ 555,000 next year.

Something has to give this off season cause both Kolb and McNabb's contracts are done after 2010.

docirv

Doc Irv

Basscat7

Pillager

Give Kolb a chance.  He looked pretty darn good the 2 games he started.  Again, you know what you have with McNabb, and it isn't a championship.  Vick isn't the answer either.  Reid wants a west coast offense, and that requires an accurate passer.  McNabb isn't anything near the quarterback that Joe Montana or Steve Young or even Jeff Garcia was in their prime.  Now THEY could run a west coast offense.  And McNabb is past his prime.  The sad part is, Westbrook was the PERFECT back for that system.  If only they had the perfect quarterback during that time.

As for money being generated by a championship, that's just plain false.  The actuality is that the Eagles are maximizing their profit by having a playoff contending team every year, getting to the playoffs most years, 5 years in the NFC Championship, once in the Super Bowl.  The fans that fill the stadium buy lots of merchandise.  Maybe not all at the stadium, but every Eagles piece of merchandise has a cut that goes back to the franchise.  THAT'S how they generate all that revenue.  The only problem is, the fans are growing weary of not having a championship.  That's the only danger to their plan.  But if they get rid of 5, at least they can say they are trying to get over the hump, and that alone will be enough to make the fans happy, at least for a couple more seasons.
18' 2003 Crestliner 1850 Fishhawk
150 hp Merc XR6

It pays to be an optimist.  Even if you are wrong, you are happy about it.

"Quit bitchin, keep fishin"

I fish, therefore I am.

bfitch

i guarantee that they made more money in 04 then any other season.
They call me....noodle

Rippin_Lips

49 seasons without a bowl. They blow! admit it. Screw the playoffs. The lions made the playoffs before to. I guess they are considered good right? I think cleveland made the playoffs once or twice to. Their great. Stop supporting this money making scheme and you will see results. Its that easy. It can be done, I left them and will be a fan again the first change i see to better the team. Until then they are scrap. They did not beat any playoff teams this year, the bottom line is for the last 10 years the nfc east has sucked. When that conference is hot the eagles sit at the bottom. Come on stan you got to remember those seasons, I do

Rippin_Lips

They are a joke.

Championships
League championships (3)
NFL Championships (3)
1948, 1949, 1960
Conference championships (3)
NFL Eastern: 1960
NFC: 1980, 2004
Division championships (11)
NFL East: 1947, 1948, 1949, 1960
NFC East: 1980, 1988, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006
Playoff appearances (22)
NFL: 1947, 1948, 1949, 1960, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1992, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2009
Home fields
Baker Bowl (1933–1935)
Philadelphia Municipal Stadium (1936–1939; 1941)
Connie Mack Stadium (1940; 1942–1957)
a.k.a. Shibe Park (1940–1953)
Franklin Field (1958–1970)
Veterans Stadium (1971–2002)
Lincoln Financial Field (2003–Present)