• Welcome to Chester County Bass Masters.

News:

Welcome to the CCBM Forums!  Club meetings are the third Thursday in every month. See http://www.chestercountybassmasters.com/ for more info.

Main Menu

Most consistant area of Northeast

Started by javelinva1, August 06, 2010, 06:59:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

javelinva1

Am coming up next weekend from VA to practice for the Division Championship, 3 days of fishing and a lot of looking as I have never fished up there and probably will never have to again. I finally got a map and sat down with 2 different people who have fished up there. My question is which section "North"(northeast rvr etc..) or 'South"(Gunpowder, Seneca etc..) would be best to look at fishing this time of the year, or do I just need to put my time in and fish it all? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Feel free to e-mail me at  allan.rockwell@navy.mil  if you do not want anyone else to see your post. Like I said this is a one time thing this year and will not have to fish this area again.

Pillager

you guys do know he's fishing against our team, right?

Sept., 19-24, TBF Mid-Atlantic Division Championship, Susquehanna Flats/Upper Chesapeake, Perryville, MD.

18' 2003 Crestliner 1850 Fishhawk
150 hp Merc XR6

It pays to be an optimist.  Even if you are wrong, you are happy about it.

"Quit bitchin, keep fishin"

I fish, therefore I am.

Pillager

I think you should run to the Potomac.

Seriously though, good luck to you, but I'm not helping you beat the PA team.
18' 2003 Crestliner 1850 Fishhawk
150 hp Merc XR6

It pays to be an optimist.  Even if you are wrong, you are happy about it.

"Quit bitchin, keep fishin"

I fish, therefore I am.

javelinva1

I had heard before I started asking that you guys were tight lipped...but you have to remember, do you know anybody fishing on the Pa. team ? and if you don't why should you care. Will you ever need any help on any Va tx including Gaston and Kerr as I won out of Kerr!
I am not technically fishing against the Pa, Md or any of the other states I am trying to beat the 11 other guys from Va to advance.

dan61psu

fishinjim

Quote from: javelinva1 on August 09, 2010, 01:21:26 PM
I had heard before I started asking that you guys were tight lipped...but you have to remember, do you know anybody fishing on the Pa. team ? and if you don't why should you care. Will you ever need any help on any Va tx including Gaston and Kerr as I won out of Kerr!
I am not technically fishing against the Pa, Md or any of the other states I am trying to beat the 11 other guys from Va to advance.

Some of us actually do know guys on the team... we also fish against them, so we're not giving them much info either. lol.

Not that big a deal anyway, unless one has very specific spots, I think one could do just as well fishing the flats with a clean slate... I usually do pretty poorly in tournaments on the bay, often the result of fishing "history."  My advice may end up hurting you instead of helping. lol.

Lots of obvious cover and structure throughout the upper bay.  Community holes too... and there are fish all over.  With three days to practice up there, you should be able to find some decent stuff to fish. 

Do be careful in the shallower areas though.  I know most of the areas fairly well, but still rely heavily on my gps chip and always keep my eyes peeled for floaters and stick ups.

Good luck.

Rippin_Lips

You guys are tough, help the guy out. Javelin i would tell you all my spots but I dont have any. ::)

javelinva1

I have had a couple of guys e-mail me and give me places to try (not there favorite log or dock). You know how it is when you go to a new place it can be overwhelming...and then you have to try and keep from running aground. I do like this board and thanks to those of you who e-mailed me with places to look at. Seriously.. if any of you guys need any help in Va waters I will be happy to help you with what I know!

See you on the water!!!

javelinva1

I forgot to tell you guys, my dad was born in Uniontown pa. and all my relatives live in the Uniontown/Brownsville area with that being said guess what I grew up watching.."The Pittsburgh Steelers"
I am a die hard Steelers fan.....go Steelers!!!!

bfitch

Quote from: javelinva1 on August 10, 2010, 07:05:59 AM
I forgot to tell you guys, my dad was born in Uniontown pa. and all my relatives live in the Uniontown/Brownsville area with that being said guess what I grew up watching.."The Pittsburgh Steelers"
I am a die hard Steelers fan.....go Steelers!!!!

In that case, id either make a run south to the gunpowder, or run north up the C&D canal and into the deleware. Great fishing there for steelers fans.

(go eagles)
They call me....noodle

fishinjim

LOL.
Had lots of family in Washington Pa growing up... Had quite the Steelers influence here too.
Mean Joe Green was my favorite as a kid.

By the way,
There is a party barge going out of pier 5 on the delaware next week.  If you want to go, you can sign up as a boater or rider...

The boater room on the barge will have a big screen tv, tons of food and beer, and one naked lady from club risque for every fella in attendance.  Free 'spensive cigars too.  Cost is $10.
The rider room on the barge has an old atari hooked up to a 1980s pc monitor, chocolate truffles, and an all male mud wrestling ring.  Free condoms and playgirls in the rider room.  You must wear a pair of old school jams with a sailors cap.  Cost is $100 and a reach around.

I'm thinking about going as a boater.  Anyone else in?

Eli

Quote from: bfitch on August 10, 2010, 12:40:02 PM
]In that case, id either make a run south to the gunpowder

Hey Darnit,
I like the Gunpowder, ya know.  

...and I am a Giants fan...

Rippin_Lips

I am a true eagles fan now........Mcnutts is gone and thats like winning a superbowl in my book. Lets see what the kid can do this season. my prediction is at least, 9-7 possible wild card.

javelinva1

Philadelphia.....city of brotherly hate!!! NO THANK YOU.

bfitch

Quote from: Rippin_Lips on August 10, 2010, 07:12:55 PM
I am a true eagles fan now........Mcnutts is gone and thats like winning a superbowl in my book. Lets see what the kid can do this season. my prediction is at least, 9-7 possible wild card.

Im having a hard time keeping track of your teams.  ;D
They call me....noodle