• Welcome to Chester County Bass Masters.

News:

Welcome to the CCBM Forums!  Club meetings are the third Thursday in every month. See http://www.chestercountybassmasters.com/ for more info.

Main Menu

Roland Martin, to fish BASS Opens this year @ 71.

Started by Basscat7, November 29, 2010, 07:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Basscat7

The Pro tournaments are turning into a Nascar like scenario where there are  " Teams " now.
One top guy gets the info from the team, the rest get paid  LOL.

Should not be like that.

No info would be impossible to enforce though.

Tournaments should be decided with your on the water skills.  Not how much Intel you and your team can gather from locals, etc.

Would love to see a small circuit of the top Pros do a 3 tournament deal like they did with the first Classic.
Put them all on a plane and don't tell them where they are fishing till they get in the air, then have the boats ready the next morning to fish.

No info, no calls , fish 3 days each TX.

Fish finding skills , no spots, no info.
Golf is for guys whose wives won't let them buy a bass boat

Bass Fishing is like Church, many attend - Few get it.

fishinjim

Quote from: Basscat7 on November 30, 2010, 09:58:37 PM
The Pro tournaments are turning into a Nascar like scenario where there are  " Teams " now.
One top guy gets the info from the team, the rest get paid  LOL.

ugh. I'm sure it's happened, but I sure hope its not the norm.

Quote from: Basscat7 on November 30, 2010, 09:58:37 PM
Would love to see a small circuit of the top Pros do a 3 tournament deal like they did with the first Classic.
Put them all on a plane and don't tell them where they are fishing till they get in the air, then have the boats ready the next morning to fish.

No info, no calls , fish 3 days each TX.

Fish finding skills , no spots, no info.

I'd watch that!
I'd also like to see them include a couple lesser known tournament guys into the mix too... just to make it interesting.
:)

Pillager

Now THAT would be entertaining. Why don't we do a tournament like that?  Put 5 places in a hat and draw the night before
18' 2003 Crestliner 1850 Fishhawk
150 hp Merc XR6

It pays to be an optimist.  Even if you are wrong, you are happy about it.

"Quit bitchin, keep fishin"

I fish, therefore I am.

Basscat7

ugh. I'm sure it's happened, but I sure hope its not the norm.

I bet it happens more than we know. Too much $$$ on the line in the Elites and FLW Tour. Sponsors want winning at that level.

Like the old Nascar saying " Win on Sunday, Sell on Monday "  ;D
Golf is for guys whose wives won't let them buy a bass boat

Bass Fishing is like Church, many attend - Few get it.

Xm Sean

Quote from: fishinjim on November 30, 2010, 09:39:32 PM
When I was prefishing for the open, I was in Furnace bay with him.  Besides us, I think there was only one other boat in there at the time. My back was turned to him, so I couldn't see what he was doing or if he was catching, but I wasn't catching squat.
Instead of leaving though, I thought to myself, well if K Short is in here, he's gotta be on to something... I stupidly stuck around an extra hour or two (still catching nothing, lol) because of that reasoning... so he wasn't the only one who was a victim of his bad information. lol.

Maybe He was thinking the same thing..... J/J is here..... I must be in the right spot.... ;D ;)

fishinjim

Quote from: Xm Sean on November 30, 2010, 10:51:10 PM
Maybe He was thinking the same thing..... J/J is here..... I must be in the right spot.... ;D ;)

LOL!!!  
Maybe I was the bad local advise he got.
;D

Xm Sean

docirv

Quote from: Pillager on November 30, 2010, 10:28:46 PM
Now THAT would be entertaining. Why don't we do a tournament like that?  Put 5 places in a hat and draw the night before

Because some of your members will only fish in big waters that they know and can use their big motors and so electric tm only waters would be out.....
Doc Irv

dan61psu

Quote from: docirv on December 01, 2010, 08:47:11 AM

Because some of your members will only fish in big waters that they know and can use their big motors and so electric tm only waters would be out.....

The membership as a whole does not prefer small, TM only waters.  If you saw the water-choice voting, that would be obvious.  Please refrain from statements like this on this board.

Pillager

Nobody said the 5 waters had to include TM only water...
150 hp Merc XR6

I fish, therefore I am.

fishinjim

Anybody have a plane? lol.
;D

Pillager

we wouldn't have to go that far, and think of it, the places could only include places where we don't need a permit.  that pretty much rules out PA all around.
150 hp Merc XR6

I fish, therefore I am.

fishinjim

Quote from: Pillager on December 01, 2010, 02:41:05 PM
we wouldn't have to go that far, and think of it, the places could only include places where we don't need a permit.  that pretty much rules out PA all around.

I'd be into it if we could make it work somehow.
Problem is, as usual, lack of water... especially lack of water we haven't fished.
We have Conowingo on the list of waters this year... maybe we can make it a "no prefishing" tournament.  That'd be getting close at least.

Pillager

Let's make all the anchor tournaments no pre-fishing! =)
150 hp Merc XR6

I fish, therefore I am.