• Welcome to Chester County Bass Masters.

News:

Welcome to the CCBM Forums!  Club meetings are the third Thursday in every month. See http://www.chestercountybassmasters.com/ for more info.

Main Menu

District 3 results - Gunpowder River

Started by Pillager, May 24, 2011, 08:57:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pillager

Results posted from the District 3 tournament, Gunpowder River.

Congratulations to Jimmy-Jeff who finished 4th in the angler division.  Some good weights!
http://www.pabass.com/tournaments/2011-season/district-tournaments/d-3-gunpowder.aspx
18' 2003 Crestliner 1850 Fishhawk
150 hp Merc XR6

It pays to be an optimist.  Even if you are wrong, you are happy about it.

"Quit bitchin, keep fishin"

I fish, therefore I am.

dan61psu

Good number of dead fish...livewell issues?

Pillager

post spawn exhausted fish in fuller live wells for the most part I think.
150 hp Merc XR6

I fish, therefore I am.

dan61psu

wow...surprising...but a decent set of catches for sure

fishinjim

Quote from: Pillager on May 24, 2011, 09:03:33 AM
post spawn exhausted fish in fuller live wells for the most part I think.

Seemed to be the consensus.  Most all of the bigger fish weighed in looked to be spawned out.

zweimar

Jimmy-Jeff congrats on getting 4th and it looks like you had a nice bag... Must have been some fun.

fishinjim

Quote from: zweimar on May 24, 2011, 10:52:15 AM
Jimmy-Jeff congrats on getting 4th and it looks like you had a nice bag... Must have been some fun.

Thanks Z. 
There was some fun throughout the day.  Not all fun, but some. lol. 

dan61psu

uh oh whats that mean.  did you get those coils replaced BTW?

fishinjim

Quote from: dan61psu on May 24, 2011, 09:46:57 PM
uh oh whats that mean.  did you get those coils replaced BTW?

Doesn't mean all that much.
Mostly means that I didn't manage my time and spots the way I wanted to and it bit me in the ass.  Not complaining, but I should have had a limit. 
Also broke off a couple of fish.
Also sat in the marina a couple hours on saturday trying to figure out why the motor wouldn't start... luckily, my rider for sunday happened along and noticed a couple wires that weren't attached.
Also have some fiberglass damage to the bottom of the boat... which will happen when you have a cable hanging off of your bow hook.

Anyway, coils are replaced and boats back to running on six cylinders.  On plane in 30 feet instead of 300 yards. lol.

Xm Sean

Nice work Jimmy!! Sorry to hear about your issues. I always look forward to the time the issues are fixed....

As far as breaking off the fish.... Did they break you off a the knot  or get you wrapped around something... My thinking about this is directly related to the good one I caught on the Nanticoke... I knew I had a good chance of loosing or breaking off that fish because of how gnarly the spot was I was throwing into but I felt if I did not throw in there my chances of catching a fish was 0%..... At least you give yourself a chance to catch the fish....

If it was line related I guess check your line more or check your knot strength after every knot tied...

fishinjim

I think it was my own fault for not checking my line often enough.
I was due for a retie before it happened both times.

Xm Sean

)
Quote from: fishinjim on May 25, 2011, 10:14:06 AM
I think it was my own fault for not checking my line often enough.
I was due for a retie before it happened both times.

I am sure many of us are guilty of the same thing........ we live and learn(I know I do.. :-\)

bfitch

i like how the pics from sunday are already up, but the ones from Mr Bass over a month ago still arent.

They call me....noodle

bfitch

o and JJ has a good pic up there. its just weird seeing all of him instead of half of his face and 3/4 of the fish  ;D
They call me....noodle

Pillager

Quote from: bfitch on May 25, 2011, 12:30:29 PM
i like how the pics from sunday are already up, but the ones from Mr Bass over a month ago still arent.

That's because I didn't have the pics from Mr Bass....
150 hp Merc XR6

I fish, therefore I am.