• Welcome to Chester County Bass Masters.

News:

Welcome to the CCBM Forums!  Club meetings are the third Thursday in every month. See http://www.chestercountybassmasters.com/ for more info.

Main Menu

Shout out to my friends at Pure Fishing (Abu Garcia)... As promised

Started by k-unit, October 18, 2012, 12:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

k-unit

So... on my last fishing adventure 2 weeks ago to Oneida, I broke 2 reels in one trip... yes 2 reels in a matter of about 1.5 hours. I was devistated. One, a shimano Spinning real, the other, an Abu Orra S Casting reel. (both out of warranty) I called both manufacturers when I got home on Monday and they both said "send them in we'll take a look".

I sent my Abu back to Iowa regular mail last Tuesday 10/9. I recieved a brand new reel in the mail yesterday 10/17 (a week and a day later) No questions asked... I will be fishing with it this weekend.

Unfortunately, I cannot say the same about my friends at Shimano. I sent that reel Priority mail to CA to ensure that it got there at the same time as the Orra. They called me to let me know that they had recieved the reel, and told me they would call me back when the technition "gets" to my reel, for a CC # and to authorize any charges to repair the reel.... O and that would be anywhere from 2-4 weeks.

Honestly, I love both reels equally, but I feel pretty confident in saying that Abu has successfully stolen a shimano customer, if for no other reason the outstanding customer service.

So if you guys are considering any new reels, I would highly suggest any reel made by Abu. They truly stand behind there products, and go above and beyond to make the customer happy.
Women love me- Fish Fear me!!

k-unit

Well in all fairness I have to give credit where credit is due. This past Thursday I received a brand new shimano symmetry to replace the one I burnt up referenced in my above post. They didn't charge me either. So I thought for a 5 year old out of warranty reel, that was a "reel"classy move. Perhaps one day I will buy another reel from them ;)

Thanks shimano !!!
Women love me- Fish Fear me!!