• Welcome to Chester County Bass Masters.

News:

Welcome to the CCBM Forums!  Club meetings are the third Thursday in every month. See http://www.chestercountybassmasters.com/ for more info.

Main Menu

Registration open for BASS Elite Marshalls

Started by Eli, December 09, 2018, 10:12:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eli

Hurry Hurry...

Registration is now open for B.A.S.S. members who are interested in serving as marshals for the 2019 Bassmaster Elite Series.

The marshal program, created by B.A.S.S. in 2009 as a way to attract observers who would ride along with the pros, allows people to spend two to four days on the water with some of the best professional anglers in the sport. Marshals are not allowed to fish, but they are encouraged to take photos, send blog posts to Bassmaster.com and serve as an extra set of eyes for B.A.S.S. tournament officials, making sure all rules are observed.

The marshal experience appeals to those from all walks of life. But since it allows people to gather tips and tricks, it obviously appeals most to serious bass fishermen.

"I marshaled for the first time about five years ago — just one tournament — because B.A.S.S. was holding an event in the western part of the United States, and it was something I had been wanting to do," said Rick Moore, a retired California resident who fishes more than 100 days a year. "Since then I've just done it more and more, and now I think I'm scheduled to marshal seven events this coming year. It's just become one of my hobbies."

Moore said he expects to learn something on every trip.

"I've fished events in the past as a co-angler, and to me, marshaling is just a better experience," he said. "The anglers are more relaxed and honest with you when you're not fishing — and you can pay better attention to everything they're doing when you're not worried about putting fish in the boat yourself."