• Welcome to Chester County Bass Masters.

News:

Welcome to the CCBM Forums!  Club meetings are the third Thursday in every month. See http://www.chestercountybassmasters.com/ for more info.

Main Menu

Any waterfowl hunters?

Started by dan61psu, October 10, 2007, 02:51:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dan61psu

Im curious if any of you hunt waterfowl?  I've been looking to find a buddy to get out and hunt with recently cuz I know Marsh Creek is a decent hunting ground when the fowl are migrating and fishing season is over with.

shillins24

fishing season is over with.

Dan, Fishing season is never over.....

bfitch

i love goose hunting. let me know if ya ever want to go. i got decoys and blinds i can contribute and im decent caller. never hunted around marsh creek
They call me....noodle

dan61psu

I have personal equipment and gear, but no decoys.  I can speak decent mallard, never tried goose yet but would love to try.  Where do you go?  Fields around here?

Eli

I have occasionally hung a lure over a high branch of a tree where only a bird could get to it.  Haven't hooked one yet, but I hear a gull will put up a pretty good fight. ;D

bfitch

yea i have a few fields in the area. as long as you have the personal stuff, i should have everything else
They call me....noodle

dan61psu

cool...i can pick up a goose call too and learn that...i hear its much easier than duck calling.  we will have to get out sometime!

bfitch

hey if youre having trouble learning on the goose call, ive got a couple cds you can have to help ya along
They call me....noodle

fishaddict1426

make sure you wear your camo for the big bad goose ;D     

DaveB

I had a mallard on a jerk bait for a few seconds last week in Pittsburgh.  Does that count? 

Seriously, I've done some waterfowl hunting in the past but haven't gone in a long time.  I have the guns but not all the other stuff except for a goose call.  I might be coaxed into going sometime but can't contribute much in the way of locations, equipment, etc...

bfitch

im thinking we should do a CCBM goose hunt this year.  ;D i have 2 layout blinds and can possibly get 2 more off my neighbors. other then that all you need is the right license a little camo, and a gun. whose up for it?
They call me....noodle

bassboogieman

Triton TR-21DC & Yamaha 225
Dodge RAM Quadcab 5.7L HEMI
My claim to fame:  I threw a borrowed G. Loomis overboard

dan61psu

I love it!!! 

Chester County Goose Hunters!

docirv

Sorry, but I can't shoot for shit..... the birds laugh when they see me coming...
Doc Irv

bassboogieman

As do the bass...................
;D
Triton TR-21DC & Yamaha 225
Dodge RAM Quadcab 5.7L HEMI
My claim to fame:  I threw a borrowed G. Loomis overboard