• Welcome to Chester County Bass Masters.

News:

Welcome to the CCBM Forums!  Club meetings are the third Thursday in every month. See http://www.chestercountybassmasters.com/ for more info.

Main Menu

MLB Hall of Fame Ballot

Started by Eli, November 18, 2019, 09:02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eli

Bobby Abreu, Josh Beckett, Heath Bell, Barry Bonds, Eric Chávez, Roger Clemens, Adam Dunn, Chone Figgins, Rafael Furcal, Jason Giambi, Todd Helton, Raúl Ibañez, Derek Jeter, Andruw Jones, Jeff Kent, Paul Konerko, Cliff Lee, Carlos Peña, Brad Penny, Andy Pettitte, J.J. Putz, Manny Ramírez, Brian Roberts, Scott Rolen, Curt Schilling, Gary Sheffield, Alfonso Soriano, Sammy Sosa, José Valverde, Omar Vizquel, Billy Wagner, Larry Walker.

Eli

I'll be casting my votes for Jeter, Clemens, Bonds,

I'll hold back for future year consideration for Jeff Kent, Manny Ramirez, Cliff Lee and Larry Walker.

Casting my Old Timers vote for Pete Rose.

Basscat7

On Monday, the National Baseball Hall of Fame released the official 2020 Hall of Fame ballot. The 32-player ballot includes 14 holdovers from last year and 18 newcomers. Here are those 18 candidates new to the ballot, in alphabetical order:

Bobby Abreu
Josh Beckett
Heath Bell
Eric Chavez
Adam Dunn
Chone Figgins
Rafael Furcal
Jason Giambi
Raul Ibanez
Derek Jeter
Paul Konerko
Cliff Lee
Carlos Pena
Brad Penny
J.J. Putz
Brian Roberts
Alfonso Soriano
Jose Valverde

Now here are the 14 players returning to the ballot and last year's voting percentage. Players are allowed a maximum 10 years on the ballot and must appear on 75 percent of submitted ballots to garner induction into the Hall of Fame. They must appear on at least five percent of submitted ballots to remain on the ballot another year.

Player                Year on ballot          2019 voting percentage
Curt Schilling              8th                          60.9%

Roger Clemens          8th                           59.5%

Barry Bonds              8th                          59.1%

Larry Walker            10th                         54.6%

Omar Vizquel             3rd                         42.8%

Manny Ramirez          4th                         22.8%

Jeff Kent                    7th                         18.1%

Scott Rolen                3rd                         17.2%

Billy Wagner              5th                         16.7%

Todd Helton              2nd                         16.5%

Gary Sheffield           6th                         13.6%

Andy Pettitte            2nd                          9.9%

Sammy Sosa            8th                           8.5%

Andruw Jones          3rd                           7.5%

Schilling's voting percentage has steadily increased and he is trending toward Hall of Fame induction, if not this year, than before his 10 years are up.

Clemens and Bonds have clear-cut Hall of Fame credentials, though their voting percentages have stagnated in recent years due to their alleged involvement with performance-enhancing drugs.

Historically, there is a bump in support for players in their final year on the ballot, which could help Walker. It's unlikely he'll jump over 75 percent, however.

The Baseball Writers Association of America will announce the results of its 2020 Hall of Fame balloting on Jan. 20, alongside the results of the Modern Era ballot. Any electees will be inducted on Sunday, July 26, at 1:30 p.m. ET at the Clark Sports Center in Cooperstown, N.Y.. The question boils down to who will be joining Jeter in the class of 2020.   
Golf is for guys whose wives won't let them buy a bass boat

Bass Fishing is like Church, many attend - Few get it.

Xm Sean

Xm Sean

Eli

Mookie hit that grounder to first.  Yes, that grounder...

Xm Sean

Quote from: Eli on February 06, 2020, 09:34:12 AM
Mookie hit that grounder to first.  Yes, that grounder...

Hall worthy?

I say YES!!! ;D ;D