• Welcome to Chester County Bass Masters.

News:

Welcome to the CCBM Forums!  Club meetings are the third Thursday in every month. See http://www.chestercountybassmasters.com/ for more info.

Main Menu

Rick Ash in Second

Started by Eli, November 29, 2007, 10:23:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eli

Rick Ash is in second after day one of the BASS wildcard tourny to make the elite.  Byron Velvick is in first and he doesn't have a black eye in the photo.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/outdoors/bassmaster/members/ldr/leaderboard

bfitch

awsome.

good to see a local guy up top.
They call me....noodle

docirv

Doc Irv

Eli

After Day Two (Top 10 make the Elite Series for 2008)

Pl.     Name    Weight           
1    Byron Velvick     29- 8
2    Keith Phillips  28-13
3    Steve Daniel     26-13
4    Rick Ash     26- 9

Eli

Byron Velvick wins the 2007 Bassmaster Elite Series event with a three-day total of 40 pounds, 8 ounces.

Also qualifying for the 2008 Elite Series on the strength of their top-10 performances were Rick Ash of Pottstown, Pa., in seventh with 34 pounds, 10 ounces, and Bobby Myers of Tulsa, Okla., in 10th with 32 pounds, 8 ounces.

bassboogieman

Rick Ash, a former co-worker - well not actually.  He did work for PECO, but I didn't work with him.  A local doing well is a good thing to see.  Living his dream fishing the B.A.S.S. Elite, not something I'd want to do, but each  person has his own horizon to pursue.
Triton TR-21DC & Yamaha 225
Dodge RAM Quadcab 5.7L HEMI
My claim to fame:  I threw a borrowed G. Loomis overboard

Eli

I probably wouldn't want to fish the Elite series but I would be happy to be good enough...

fishaddict1426

i am a firm believer that if you have the time and money you can be as good as you want.  thats the only difference between those guys and us. some skill is required but.................. time and money is the most part to me.

Pillager

I have to disagree, respectfully again.  Time and money will not make you good.  Learning how to read water and figure it out quicker and better than the next guy will make you good.  That's something some guys never figure out no matter how much time and money they spend.
18' 2003 Crestliner 1850 Fishhawk
150 hp Merc XR6

It pays to be an optimist.  Even if you are wrong, you are happy about it.

"Quit bitchin, keep fishin"

I fish, therefore I am.

fishaddict1426

this is true pillagar, but you have to admit you and i would be a hell of alot better than we are if we had an unlimited supply of time and money. and i did say some skills are required. i bet all the people on the tour dont have to clock in anywhere. it would be totally impossible to have the skills of a pro with the pressures of every day life. anyway i agree with your statement there is other reasons to being a pro. but i believe time and money are the most important.

docirv

Do not confuse a belief with knowledge!
Doc Irv

Eli

Rick and these guys in this second chance elite tourny were all the best in their club, district, state, region etc.  In the Elite series they barely broke the top 100 (out of 105) at any of the tournaments they had. 

I'll agree that we can all get better with time and dedication, we can all become locally competitive, but at the top level we can all get our butts kicked every day on every lake.

Pillager

150 hp Merc XR6

I fish, therefore I am.

Pillager

Also qualifying for the 2008 Elite Series on the strength of their top-10 performances were Rick Ash of Pottstown, Pa., in seventh with 34 pounds, 10 ounces, and Bobby Myers of Tulsa, Okla., in 10th with 32 pounds, 8 ounces. The full list of standings can be found below.

150 hp Merc XR6

I fish, therefore I am.

bassboogieman

QuoteThe full list of standings can be found below

Where?  :huh:
Triton TR-21DC & Yamaha 225
Dodge RAM Quadcab 5.7L HEMI
My claim to fame:  I threw a borrowed G. Loomis overboard