• Welcome to Chester County Bass Masters.

News:

Welcome to the CCBM Forums!  Club meetings are the third Thursday in every month. See http://www.chestercountybassmasters.com/ for more info.

Main Menu

Watch what you put on trailer hitches

Started by Eli, January 15, 2008, 10:39:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eli

Doc & Bruce Better be Careful at Kerr... :grin:

By BOB LEWIS, Associated Press Writer 25 minutes ago

RICHMOND, Va. - It's one thing to dangle fuzzy dice from a rear view mirror, but decorating a trailer hitch with a large pair of rubber testicles might be a bit much in Virginia.

State Del. Lionel Spruill introduced a bill Tuesday to ban displaying replicas of human genitalia on vehicles, calling it a safety issue because it could distract other drivers.

Under his measure, displaying the ornamentation on a motor vehicle would be a misdemeanor punishable by a maximum fine of $250.

He said the idea came from a constituent whose young daughter spotted an example of the trail hitch adornment and asked her father to explain it.

"'I didn't know what to tell her,'" Spruill said the constituent told him before Spruill vowed to stop such displays.

"I said, 'Sir, I'm going to be a laughingstock, but I'm going to do it,'" he said.

The Virginia General Assembly has some experience with offbeat bills. Three years ago, it drew widespread attention with an unsuccessful effort to outlaw baggy pants worn so low they expose underwear.

Spruill, 61, said the indignity of the "droopy drawers" debate wouldn't deter him. He said he won't hesitate to bring a set of $24.95 trailer testicles with him for a legislative show-and-tell.

"I'm going to do it," Spruill told a handful of reporters after Tuesday's House session adjourned. "I'm going to bring them out here and show them to you till they tell me to stop."

bassboogieman

So will these IDIOTS also sponsor a bill to have all male animals wear diapers, or have their nut sacks surgically removed so their children won't see the scrotum and inquire as to what it is.  Tell the kids the damn truth, no need to worry about it.  Children need truth when they ask questions, not sugar coated fairy freakin' tales.    Children are not offended by the truth and neither should adults.  We elect IDIOTS who choose to try and legislate crap like that rather than address REAL social, economic issues - LIKE TAX REFORM.  Give me a break. 

Darn you Eli.  My morning was going just fine..........................
Triton TR-21DC & Yamaha 225
Dodge RAM Quadcab 5.7L HEMI
My claim to fame:  I threw a borrowed G. Loomis overboard

docirv

I'll bet he is a conservative republican with strong family values.  :7:
Doc Irv

bassboogieman

Irv, you're obvioulsy incorrect.  That fool has to be a LIBERAL, due to the fact this is so ILLOGICAL, worried about being POLITICALLY CORRECT and not offending ANYONE,  being over-protective of children who should be cared for by their parents rather than politicialns, and refusing to reconize or acknowledge the facts of life and trying to HIDE THE TRUTH.  AND just like a Liberal, you refuse to accept responsibility and blame it on someone else.  Give Hillary a call, male emasculation - she'd just love that - and possibly, she can arrange to have you neutered.................

YOUR TURN........................

docirv

Damn, you're right, he is a democrat! Which just proves that he is a real ass after all. Or maybe he is a republican masquerading as a democrat.
Doc Irv

bfitch

well that settles it, im buying a camo pair for my truck   :20:
They call me....noodle

bassboogieman

Oh, yeah that offends me alright................

Now this really offends me:    Send him to the corner for a timeout and he turns arounds and laughs.......... guess he needs a stronger punishment...........

bassboogieman

QuoteDamn, you're right, he is a democrat!

That's some apology comming from you.  And WHY do you constantly, randomly interchange Democrat/Liberal and Republican/Conservative?  It's NOT the same thing.  It's like Democrat/Poor and Republican/Rich, it's an entirely erroneous pairing.
Name me ONE DEMOCRAT in a NATIONAL OFFICE that is POOR.... go ahead, I'm waiting - appology in hand if you can find one............................... Maybe you could find one in Liberal/Democrat Hollywood............... Don't bother thowing back finding a Poor/Republican - as I admit we're all rich and selfish. :grin:

docirv

I wonder if I could get a trialer hitch cover that looks like a nice pair of 34 DD's?  :rolleyes:
Doc Irv

Pillager

Why not just get a pair of 34DDs.  Preferrably for your wife.
18' 2003 Crestliner 1850 Fishhawk
150 hp Merc XR6

It pays to be an optimist.  Even if you are wrong, you are happy about it.

"Quit bitchin, keep fishin"

I fish, therefore I am.

Pillager

And how the heck did I get dragged into this anyway?
18' 2003 Crestliner 1850 Fishhawk
150 hp Merc XR6

It pays to be an optimist.  Even if you are wrong, you are happy about it.

"Quit bitchin, keep fishin"

I fish, therefore I am.

Wishing2BFishing

Interesting how they side-step the first amendment issue by characterizing the display of genitals as a "safety concern". 

bassboogieman

QuoteAnd how the heck did I get dragged into this anyway?

knock it off, you sound just like Brian........................ :grin:

bfitch

Quote from: bassboogieman on January 16, 2008, 01:15:40 PM
QuoteAnd how the heck did I get dragged into this anyway?

knock it off, you sound just like Brian........................ :grin:

nothing wrong with that
They call me....noodle

DaveB

QuoteIrv, you're obvioulsy incorrect.  That fool has to be a LIBERAL, due to the fact this is so ILLOGICAL, worried about being POLITICALLY CORRECT and not offending ANYONE,  being over-protective of children who should be cared for by their parents rather than politicialns, and refusing to reconize or acknowledge the facts of life and trying to HIDE THE TRUTH.  AND just like a Liberal, you refuse to accept responsibility and blame it on someone else.  Give Hillary a call, male emasculation - she'd just love that - and possibly, she can arrange to have you neutered.................

WOW!  What a rant, Bruce!  Of course, you know your just suffering from BCS, "Battered Conservative Syndrome."  The new breed of neo-conservatives have taken over, embarrassed and mutilated what the term "conservative" means.  So, the example cited above is just another example. 

These things are an attempt to make people believe that issues like this, or gay marriage, or "the war on Christmas", etc., are important issues for congress to occupy their time with.  There are MANY critical issues that need attention besides this BS.  Ending the occupation in Iraq, funding public education, making college more affordable for all who want to attend, a nationalized health care system for all, making private contributions to election campaigns illegal, regulating corporations to assure that water, air, food and other products are safe, taking away incentives that now make it attractive for corporations to relocate overseas taking our jobs with them, repealing NAFTA, taking (proper) care of our veterans, PRIORITIZING renewable, clean, alternative energy sources, repealing tax breaks that only benefit the rich, and reversing the trend that's causing more middle class folks to drop into poverty than ever before and the fastest growing gap between the rich and the middle class this country has ever seen -- to name a few!!!  However, I think we probably have differing ideas on what kind of "tax reform" is needed!!!