• Welcome to Chester County Bass Masters.

News:

Welcome to the CCBM Forums!  Club meetings are the third Thursday in every month. See http://www.chestercountybassmasters.com/ for more info.

Main Menu

Watch what you put on trailer hitches

Started by Eli, January 15, 2008, 10:39:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

docirv

One good rant deserves another I suppose, but all I want is the 34DD trialer hitch attachment....  :azn:
Doc Irv

bassboogieman

Yes Dave, of course we disagree, that's well know.  But you did hit upon my point EXACTLY.

QuoteThese things are an attempt to make people believe that issues like this, or gay marriage, or "the war on Christmas", etc., are important issues for congress to occupy their time with.

Who is plannning to introduce this looney piece of legislation?  Obviously, even the Virginia Legislature has better things to do with it's time representing the good tax-paying citizens of their State, than considering something as stupid as that.

State Del. Lionel Spruill is a Democrat representing the Chesepeake district of Virginia. Politicians are all alike whether they be Local, State or National elected officials.  They all use smoke & mirrors to avoid addressing any substantial issues and bringing  forth frivilous issues like this or promoting pork projects for their homeboys to get them re-elected.  Party affiliation makes no difference.  They, just as we do, continue to point their fingers at each other and tell the other they don't understand, that their way is the best way for everyone else.  Each in his own mind, is correct...... as I'm sure you THINK you are, and as I KNOW I am.  :grin: 

In case you really don't get me... The last poke (in jest) is my attempt to illustrate just how absurd this whole situation is. 

Triton TR-21DC & Yamaha 225
Dodge RAM Quadcab 5.7L HEMI
My claim to fame:  I threw a borrowed G. Loomis overboard

Pillager

You know, I'm not changing my party from Republican, but I have to admit I agree with most of Dave's points.
18' 2003 Crestliner 1850 Fishhawk
150 hp Merc XR6

It pays to be an optimist.  Even if you are wrong, you are happy about it.

"Quit bitchin, keep fishin"

I fish, therefore I am.

bassboogieman

Irv there's proof - you don't have to be a Democrat to be a Liberal.   :rolleyes: 

bassboogieman

I'd be happy to debate you on any of the issues raised - but not here.   :angel:

bfitch

Quote from: bassboogieman on January 17, 2008, 09:15:24 AM
I'd be happy to debate you on any of the issues raised - but not here.   :angel:

or at the meeting either. no one wants to a couple old guy arguing over politics. especially when we should be thinking about fishing
They call me....noodle

docirv

Quote from: bfitch on January 17, 2008, 09:56:50 AM

or at the meeting either. no one wants to a couple old guy arguing over politics. especially when we should be thinking about fishing
OLD GUYS, WTF!!!!
Doc Irv

bfitch

Quote from: docirv on January 17, 2008, 10:26:26 AM
Quote from: bfitch on January 17, 2008, 09:56:50 AM

OLD GUYS, WTF!!!!

im sorry, is seasoned veterans better  :grin:
They call me....noodle

bassboogieman

OLD?  Thanks a lot dude.  I can't wait to start collecting Social Security, and living off young whippersnappers like yourself............ Wait, that sounds like a liberal idea  :rolleyes:  NOT possible  :rolleyes:.  Upon reflection, I do believe I've paid my way into Social Security to the point I will not recover what I have put in....... OK, I'm back on track now. :evil:

docirv

Yo, Bruce, why don't we show that youngun what we seasoned veterans can do to those disrespectuful whippersnappers...  :30:
Doc Irv

Pillager

18' 2003 Crestliner 1850 Fishhawk
150 hp Merc XR6

It pays to be an optimist.  Even if you are wrong, you are happy about it.

"Quit bitchin, keep fishin"

I fish, therefore I am.

bassboogieman

Yeah, wiseinheimer, it may bring TEARS to yer eyes...................... :11: Tears of laughter, just maybe.  :grin:

DaveB

QuoteIrv there's proof - you don't have to be a Democrat to be a Liberal.

And........   You don't have to be a Republican to be a NEO-CON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way, the term "liberal" has been turned into a ugly word by the neo-con controlled Republican party.  Liberal ideas are the foundation of our country going back to the Declaration of Independence!  George Washington was a liberal and in fact said "As Mankind becomes more liberal, they will be more apt to allow that all those who conduct themselves as worthy members of the community are equally entitled to the protections of civil government. I hope ever to see America among the foremost nations of justice and liberality."

Don't be like sheep following the neo-con shepard!  You are being neo-conned into believing their attempt to fool the people of this country.  STAND UP AND BE YE SEPERATE! :wink:

Liberal is GOOD!

bassboogieman

Liberal equates to overdoing, overloading, doing things excessivly, etc.  That's where the term "APPLY LIBERALLY" comes form.  :grin:  As opposed to "APPLY CONSERVATIVELY"  which means without WASTE, sparringly, REASONABLY, etc.  :grin:  :grin:

Lighten up Dave, this is supposed to be fun.

DaveB

Soooooo, you get the definition of a political liberal from the tube of hair gell you use????? :grin:

Bruce, I am having fun!  Please don't take my responses as lecture.  Yes, everything I write I truly believe in.  I think it's because I really spend a lot of time -- yea, too much time -- looking beyond all the talking points both sides put out and finding the truth behind all the rhetoric.  And, I really believe that if people knew what I know they would not be buying into all the bull, especially from the right.  I believe I'm well read on the political issues of our day and we can't afford to screw around anymore by electing another Bush/Cheney gang of mafia types.  We have to get this one right.  Our democracy LITTERALLY hangs in the balance.  It's a serious issue but I'm trying the best I can to keep it light while discussing it.

FYI, I think Ron Paul is the best of the field of "Republicans," even though he's actually a Libertarian.  He's against the occupation of Iraq and wants to pull out.   That's good.  However, he's dead against public schools, any of the social programs we currently enjoy, and any corporate regulation whatsoever, even monopolistic behavior.  He's been victimized by the media by being excluded from some of the recent Republican debates, but would allow media conglomerates to continue gobbling up more of the news outlets and then take it upon themselves to decide which candidates get a voice for us to hear.  Isn't it a conflict of interest when the media, largely owned by big defense contractors, owns all the news outlets?  Do you think they want Ron Paul, a guy who's against the war, to have a voice?  Why would the for-profit corporation want to let him talk people into stopping the war, along with the loss in military weapons and equipment sales?  This is the dilemma we face.  We are moving ever closer to a fascist state.  We may already be one.

In early 1944, when Americans became aware of the fascist Nazi state of Germany, the New York Times asked Vice President Henry Wallace to, as Wallace noted, "write a piece answering the following questions: What is a fascist? How many fascists have we? How dangerous are they?"

"The really dangerous American fascists," Wallace wrote, "are not those who are hooked up directly or indirectly with the Axis. The FBI has its finger on those. The dangerous American fascist is the man who wants to do in the United States in an American way what Hitler did in Germany in a Prussian way. The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information. With a fascist the problem is never how best to present the truth to the public but how best to use the news to deceive the public into giving the fascist and his group more money or more power."

This is what I believe we are faced with today.  It began with the Regan era, then with George HW Bush, and then went on steroids with George W Bush.  Even Clinton contributed with the Telecommunications Act of 1996 that allowed more consolidation of the media.  We've got to separate corporations from OUR government.  Because, right now, we are the United Corporations of America!

This upcoming election, I believe, is do or die as far as this is concerned.  If we have to suffer even 4 more years with another Bush type, or even someone like Ron Paul who's the political friend of corporations, it may be too far gone to ever hope to recover from.

This is why I no longer hold my tongue.  I never considered myself a "liberal" in the past -- until last year I've always been a registered independent voting for whoever I felt was going to do the best for the PEOPLE of this country, not corporations or special interests.  But right now, I'd proudly wear the term "liberal" because, compared to what the new "conservative" is, liberal is centrist.

Everyone in the club is my friend and always will be regardless of their political beliefs.  But, if someone puts a carrot out there for me to jump on, I won't hold back from speaking my mind!

Debate is good and I'm always for it.  Perhaps it might be good to start a new section on the election of 2008 or politics in general.  We could steel from "The Daily Show" and call it "Indecision 2008!"  After all, many of the decisions in DC affect us all, even our passion for bass fishing!