• Welcome to Chester County Bass Masters.

News:

Welcome to the CCBM Forums!  Club meetings are the third Thursday in every month. See http://www.chestercountybassmasters.com/ for more info.

Main Menu

Catastrophe narrowly avoided -

Started by bassboogieman, February 13, 2008, 09:57:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bassboogieman

Yesterday I went down to the basement to retrieve a couple rods to mount a couple new reels I just received.  To my dismay a homemade rod rack I had mounted to the ceiling joists had come down.  Over a dozen of my saltwater combos were strewn about - heavy trolling rods, surf rods, boat rods and several "spare" rods of all types.  I expected some damage, but luckily there was none.  That was bad but now for the near catastrophe - guess what was stacked up just about directly underneath - yep a dozen of my Kistler rods -  the whole mess that came down missed that stacked up group of rods by less than 6 inches.  Could have been a major financial loss there.  I haven't been so scared to look since Eli shut the motel door on my rod bag with 6 Kistlers in it a couple years ago.  Lesson learned:  now my "good stuff" has been relocated to a more secure location, where nothing can fall on or against them.  An ounce of prevention, etc.  Never even gave a thought to the possibility of that rod rack comming down.  All my rods will now be kept in VERTICAL rod racks. :wink:
Triton TR-21DC & Yamaha 225
Dodge RAM Quadcab 5.7L HEMI
My claim to fame:  I threw a borrowed G. Loomis overboard

Pillager

Sounds like you should lock them in a vault and never take them out.  Use some ugly sticks.
18' 2003 Crestliner 1850 Fishhawk
150 hp Merc XR6

It pays to be an optimist.  Even if you are wrong, you are happy about it.

"Quit bitchin, keep fishin"

I fish, therefore I am.