• Welcome to Chester County Bass Masters.

News:

Welcome to the CCBM Forums!  Club meetings are the third Thursday in every month. See http://www.chestercountybassmasters.com/ for more info.

Main Menu

Ranger Innovation

Started by bassboogieman, February 28, 2008, 10:22:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bassboogieman

New Z520 Limited.  Ranger makes a really nice boat, but I can't afford $60,000 boat for a weekend toy.  With all the manufactures's trying to be first to find something new to put on a bass boat - Ranger comes up with a 4th seat in the cockpit.  Looking at it I don't think this is a great idea.  Would not be acceptable at all in a dual console (my preference) and getting to the rear, that seat would be a considerable obstacle for someone with knees like mine, worse if I have somebody sitting in it.  The person sitting in it would also have NO leg room unless facing the rear of the boat.  I think this is one new idea that should have went in the trash can.  Sorry Irv, I'm not really picking on Ranger, just the 4th seat idea.
Triton TR-21DC & Yamaha 225
Dodge RAM Quadcab 5.7L HEMI
My claim to fame:  I threw a borrowed G. Loomis overboard

Pillager

Oh contrair Boogers!  You CAN afford that Ranger.  Just take the money you saved when you decided not to build a Lucky Craft collection and apply it to the down payment!   :grin:
18' 2003 Crestliner 1850 Fishhawk
150 hp Merc XR6

It pays to be an optimist.  Even if you are wrong, you are happy about it.

"Quit bitchin, keep fishin"

I fish, therefore I am.

docirv

I'll bet that seat comes out really easy. This must be the famly man's bass boat.
Doc Irv

fishaddict1426

i have that option on the basscat. carpeted right over the hole. i see no need for a seat there.

bassboogieman

:rolleyes: Oh, so Basscat thought this up?  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:
I think your idea to carpet over the hole was a good one.  Bad choice of location to put a seat in a bass boat, in my opinion.  Triton would never do something so dumb..............  :30:

docirv

It's an option to put that seat in if the wife wants it or in your case your significant other boy friend..... Oh, and my Ranger boat that I have now and had before also have this option already.... it's hidden under
my casting deck,,,, :6:
Doc Irv

Eli

Quote from: bassboogieman on February 29, 2008, 03:55:43 PMI think your idea to carpet over the hole was a good one. 

I DETECT A GOD COMPLEX

WARNING: DIRTY MIND AT WORK

bassboogieman

Too much time in Amsterdam..........................

And everyone thinks I'M bad  :grin:  :grin:

bassboogieman

Irv that just wasn't nice.  Next time I lose a seat you can sit on the pole, at least you won't fall overboard. 

docirv

Quote from: bassboogieman on February 29, 2008, 05:13:48 PM
Irv that just wasn't nice.  Next time I lose a seat you can sit on the pole, at least you won't fall overboard. 

Oh, boo hoo....
Doc Irv

Gman

I might be wrong as I don't own a Ranger, but haven't Rangers always had a pedestal "hole" in this location all along?  I thought it afforded the driver a secure place to move the seat from the front deck to increase visibility while driving the big motor.  I guess someone could conceivably fish from that position, but like one of you already said it would be a little tight.

I can tell you right now I sure as heck would not want to be the "lucky one" to draw that seat for a long run first thing on a summer morning.  At least not without a bug deflector! :grin:

docirv

Doc Irv

bassboogieman

Doc, why the **** didn't you just say that right off the bat and save me all this aggrivation, grief, and keep me from looking  :52: dumb. :huh:  Some buddy you are.
Hope you need to go ashore to take care of business sometime, I just may forget to come back for you.......... make sure your cell phone is charged, and DON'T LOSE IT.  Paybacks....   :7: paybacks.....  :7:
:45: :45: :45:

Gman

:grin:  Yeah I was kind of wondering the same thing!

docirv

Oh, poor Booogers, took the bait again and now he's crying about it. As if you never pick on any of us or cause controversy...  :9:
Doc Irv