• Welcome to Chester County Bass Masters.


Welcome to the CCBM Forums!  Club meetings are the third Thursday in every month. See http://www.chestercountybassmasters.com/ for more info.

Main Menu

September 23 Open postponed until October due to Weather ( Gale Warning )

Started by Basscat7, September 21, 2023, 02:01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic


Unfortunately the CCBM Upper Bay Open for this Saturday September 23rd is going to be postponed and Rescheduled due to a Gale Warning issued by the National Weather Service today for the Upper Bay starting Friday evening and continuing thru Saturday evening.

Winds Saturday on the Upper Bay are forecast to be sustained 25 to 35 MPH with gusts up to 46 mph.
Rain, over an inch is also on the agenda.

Safety of all of our contestants dictates that we cannot send boats out in this type of wind.

We all know the actual Bay winds are generally higher than forecast and no one wants to be on the water in these type conditions.

The new date for this 5th Open will be October 21st as we will still have our 5 Points Opens needed to determine the Championship.

The next ( 4th ) CCBM Open is October 14th.


* WHAT...Northeast winds 24 to 35 mph with gusts up to 46 mph and
waves 2 to 4 ft possible.

* WHERE...Chesapeake Bay north of Sandy Point MD, and Chester
River to Queenstown MD.

* WHEN...From Friday evening through late Saturday night.

* IMPACTS...Strong winds can cause hazardous waves which could
capsize or damage vessels.
Golf is for guys whose wives won't let them buy a bass boat

Bass Fishing is like Church, many attend - Few get it.